Making sure children get to school and back home again safely and on time is a challenge in a city the size of Singapore. After all, with 5.5 million residents and more than 15 million annual visitors, road congestion is simply a part of everyday life. Schools seeking private bus service to ensure safe, efficient and on-time transit will find this option is distinctly different. Making sure to select the best service, however, will be important for ensuring student safety and parent satisfaction.
Here are five ways to help facilitate selection of the best private school bus services in Singapore to meet an institution’s transit needs:
- Seek out companies with industry expertise – Successfully navigating Singapore’s complex and crowded road system requires expertise. The better private bus services bring years of experience to the table in the industry as a whole and specifically within Singapore.
- Look for companies that specifically offer school bus services – Driving a busload of school children is distinctly different than providing daily transit for office workers. Drivers in this arena must have the right demeanour and backgrounds for working with children. Look into the certification and training services require of their bus captains before making a final selection.
- Insist on companies that don’t view school transit as an afterthought – Providing school bus services may be a sideline for some companies. Those that have made this a pillar of the service they offer, however, go above and beyond to obtain and maintain industry associations and certifications. Look for school bus services that are members of the Singapore School and Private Hire Bus Owners’ Association and the Singapore School and Transport Association. BizSAFE certification also speaks volumes.
- Make sure companies offer logistical support – Mapping out the best, safest and most efficient routes for school buses to travel is something that is best left to the experts. The best bus services in Singapore work directly with school officials to map out routes and are willing to adjust as needed to accommodate school needs.
- Settle for nothing less than a safety-first commitment – Transit providers that are committed to safety go above and beyond with fleet maintenance and driver training. They also ensure safety during transit by using live monitors and GPS to track buses on the road.
Selecting the right company to facilitate school bus services in Singapore is a big undertaking for administrators. After all, when little lives are counting on safe, quality service, it pays to seek out the very best.